Saturday, July 25, 2009

It Happened on H Night

To be honest, H Night was held several months ago in April and this belated blogger sends her humble apologies for the lack of a hurried post. As an attempt to hearken back to H Night, I will write this post in haiku at the beginning of my honeymoon, while sitting next to my new husband.

Here we go...

Welcome, special guests
Sheryl, Heath, and baby Hirsch
Have some homemade fare

First bite: Havarti
Accompanied by a Hogue wine
Helps to set the mood

Another starter
Is hamachi ceviche
Tasting like summer

Taking their encore,
Heavenly haricots vert
Last week called green beans

On to the main dish
Halibut with harissa
Hearty, healthy fare

There was a salad
But its contents slips my mind
Horseradish dressing?

Finally, dessert
Tonight it's homemade ho-hos
So good I'll have two.

We sit back in chairs
Bellies full and stories told
Now pondering "I"

Some three months later
Three weddings have transpired
Finally, I blog


Brand new baby Hirsh


Hamachi ceviche


Halibut with Harissa, Haricots verts


Homemade Ho-Hos

No comments:

Post a Comment